Sunday, July 7, 2013

Adios Ripe Wheat Walls, HELLO, Calm & Serene!


(Above: After images)

When I first bought my house, almost 10 years ago, I splurged and bought 5 gallons of Behr's Ripe Wheat.

Now, I know what you're thinking; FIVE GALLONS?!

Yes, it was the first time I EVER painted. EVER.

Little did I know a whole gallon would have plenty done the trick.

But for 8 years, I've literally been in a love/hate relationship with the Ripe Wheat walls. Sure, they were beautiful, primarily in Christmas when I had  a rustic Christmas theme going, however, they just were NOT me.

So a few months ago, I took myself to Lowe's and purchased a new color, it's beautiful!

I can best describe it as a silvery sage color but VERY neutral. It's just..

I LOVE IT.

So here are the befores (gag):

(Below: Clearly, MUCH older pictures of my home,
my hardwoods actually looked decent).
 (Below: Picture was I'd say 4 years old judging from Ethan's infant bouncer,
I've since painted the entertainment center white).

 And, now for the during/afters :)) These are mostly cell images (sorry, I'll get it together one day)






AND the big after: I think I am going for a coastal cottage theme.
I purchased the Beach Sign at a local craft store, my hallway has my book page wreat I made and the lower picture shows the transition between colors. The curtians are NOT mine, but it's what I want in there. Currently I just have white sailcloth drapes. I will keep hints of vintage reds and minimal oranges alogn with coastal colors. I'll be sure to post more once I have it complete.

No comments:

Post a Comment