Monday, May 31, 2010

Crib Recall & More DIY Projects

So, I must say, for an unlucky girl, I have been pretty lucky lately (knock on wood). First I accidently stumble upon a link to see Ethan's crib (that was my daughter's and is 6 years old) has been recalled. So the link said to take it back to wal mart. I did, and they gave me 172 bucks for it, NOT bad for a 6 year old crib that retailed at 250 years ago! And of course PERRFECT timing while I was redoing his room and considering nixing the crib all together. What am I doing with that money? I went and spend 60 bucks in lumber to build the toddler farmhouse bed @ knock off wood:)

I must admit though, I am still not finished with the queen size farmhouse bed.

The center panels in the directions were the wrong size, so had to fit it accordingly with a smaller piece of wood:( Just a little bump along the way. I thought about painting or staining her white. Then black. Then back to white.

Now? Well, now I just sort of love the unfinished pine wood color, it's just beautiful to me. So I am thinking currently - I will just seal it.

The next lucky thing? Well I bought this bed at wal mart on clearance for 80 bucks 3 years ago, it retails on wal marts website for 250 currently. I posted it on craigslist and some guy purchased it for 70. :) Gotta love that the 3 years I used that bed I only paid 10 bucks for it:) That money? Well, it will go towards the stain and finishing Ethan's dresser and his bed room.

So many projects, so little time, but I am so excited to be able to do this!

No comments:

Post a Comment