Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Super Doubles @ Harris Teeter - all this for $3.87 tax included :)

I haven't been couponing in a week. One, I have more than enough body wash and thing at the moment. Two, because my only storage for these items would consist of the hall closet.

AND, well, if you've ever had the pleasure of living in a 60's ranch style home, then you know as good as I do, the space is just not happening. hehe.

But, that being said, I don't take my little home with one bathroom for granted EVER. It's a roof over our head and it is ours. Well, it's the mortgage companies but in 23 years it will be ours ;)

Anyway, my initial plan was to get up at 5 am and get the kids ready to be at Harris Teeter by 6 am. Super Doubles (coupon doubling up to 1.98 coupon face value) starts at 7 am. I wanted to go early enough to beat the super couponers before they cleared the shelves. However, after cleaning until 2 am, then being suckered into watching my dvr'ed tv shows, the Sand Man didn't visit me until 3 am.

My alarm must have gone off, and either I or Doug turned it off. OOPS :( I got up at 7 when my son did.

I eventually did get out, but until 11. By then, most of the things that were on sale and would of been dirt cheap were already gone.

I did manage to get some cleaning supplies MUCH NEEDED and milk for dirt cheap:
The coupons I used were (3) 1.50 off lysol wipes (facebook printables), they allowed me to print 2 and one was mailed to me via snail mail.
(1) $1 off any two lysol toilet bowl cleaners (from the sunday paper a few weeks back)
(2) $2 off smart balance milk (also from the Sunday paper that week i purchased two papers

The lysol toilet bowl cleaner was on store sale BUY ONE GET ONE FREE for $2.99 for two. Using a $1 off 2 coupon that doubled this made it 99 cent for both or roughly 50 cent each :)

The lysol wipes (35 ct) were on sale for buy one get one free for $3.39 for 2.
I bought 6 @ retail of $10.17 used (3) 1.50 off coupons that doubled to 3 off a piece (so $9 off) made these 1.17 for all 6 (or 20 cent a piece).

My smart balance coupons didn't double b/c they were over 1.98, but the milk was 2 for $5 and having (2) $2 off coupons gave me $4 in savings making them 50 cent each :)
Any day I can get that much stuff for only $3.87 tax included, makes me a happy camper. Now if only I could figure out how to get groceries super cheap :) Good thing we budget and do it ourselves around the house, or we'd be even broker than we already are :/

No comments:

Post a Comment