Saturday, April 23, 2011

A semi master bedroom reveal :)


You may remember the bedroom in the before stages via these links:
Farm house bed
&
Master Bedroom Makeover
Check out the links to see all before & after photos. I started with a solid wood dresser purchased off craigslist. I paid 60 bucks for it, and sanded it down. I painted it with semi gloss Olympic brand paint found at lowes. I used old kitchen floral cabinet pulls from the previous owners and spray painted them oil rubbed bronze. I now have a dresser that would cost me an easy 350+ bucks anywhere else for roughly 80 bucks dresser and supplies included. :)

We visited ana-white.com and used her farmhouse queen bed build plans and spend 250 in lumber and screws to built a solid HUGE piece of furniture. I used the same white Olympic semi gloss paint to paint the bed. (I used an old credit card to slip btwn. the head and food board panels to make sure the paint didn't cake between the crevices). So we have a one thousand dollar Pottery Barn type bed for only under $300!

I painted the walls with wal mart's colorplace brand paint and it only cost 12 bucks for the can.

I did splurge however, and bought the Seinna Paisley duvet, two euro shams and one standard sham from Pottery Barn online. I decided the down insert was out of my budget and bought a 60 dollar one from walmart.com.

We plan to build a side storage bench in place of the nightstand and I hope to find some oversized Pottery Barn inspired lanterns for the dresser. I have no idea what I'll put over my bed but I have a few hints of what I could try.

I am in love with my new bedroom. Bare in mind we have a 65 rancher so space is small, but i am absolutely in LOVE! :)






No comments:

Post a Comment