Thursday, June 16, 2011

70's Craigs List Dresser Refurbish - Sneak Peak

I bought a dresser off Craigs List last month. She was a beast. I will share the extreme before and after photos in my next blog. And by extreme - I mean roach casings, spiders, rat poo, the whole sha bang (yes she was a filthy beast). However, I have sanded her, replaced her top, took out the middle sheets that seperated the drawer areas (because they had rodent poo etc I wasn't even going to clean them. That's filthy to me and no telling what diseases it harbors). I have painted her, replaced the knobs and loved her. I am re doing the inner drawer liners next, and then she shall be ready for the big reveal. This is for my daughter's room.

But for now, just a sneaky peaky of my 70's UGLY Craigs List Dresser Refurbish:

Drawer Before:

Drawer After:

Lots of sanding & 4 coats of paint using a medium sized painter's brush, taking my time so the paint doesn't clump, and she looks brand new!!

Hopefully I can reveal her this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment