Sunday, September 4, 2011

Partial Sock Monkey Bedroom Reveal :)


ooooh, this post has been a long time in the making, BUT the toddler farmhouse bed (build plans courtesy of ana-white.com) is finally COMPLETE!!!

After building, and my finally putting the last coat of miniwax stain on last night, she's DONE!!! BEAUTIFUL!! (or I should say "he" -it's for my son). The stain is Bombay Mahogany (gloss) by polyshades/miniwax. It's red during it's first coat, but with a THICK second coat it's espresso  with a thing of red. It's seriously the most beautiful shade of stain I have seen, EVER :) It's also easy to work with. (do not be discouraged by the first coat, it will throw you off) after the second application a week later you will be in awe! It's a wonderful product to work with! I like it better than paint actually. I love that this has a built in poly gloss with the stain. EASY, EASY, EASY!!

His room has been a budget design - $60 in lumber and supplies, already had the polyshades miniwax stain on hand, bought the bedding (duvet, fitted sheet and duvet cover) for $60 marked down from $110, and made the other pillows myself. My son will be in SOCK MONKEY HEAVEN!!

Just wait until I show you the 60's dresser I have redone, it's looking brand new and modern all over again!! LOVE!!

No comments:

Post a Comment