Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Living Room Makeover on a Budget

 When Stephen and I moved in together, the house was yellow. A very ugly yellow. My old house was yellow also (by my own doing). I adored the perfect neutral gray I had painted my old house so much, that I decided I would also paint the new house with the same color. It really opened the room up and it was looking amazing before long. That was back in June of 2015. Last month, after I had finished my tables on a budget, I decided it was time for me to give Rooms to Go in the Wilmington area a shot. I despised the Fayetteville store, but wanted something with great financing, and so I headed that way.  I fell in love with the Lucan Cashmere sofa set.  I also decided, I wanted the oversized chair and ottoman. Then I fell in love with this gorgeous shag rug, so I added that to my bill as well. All in all my furniture came to $2100. Not bad for new furniture at all.  My financing broke it down to an affordable $38 a month for the next 5 years.  I used my DIY Pottery Barn Knock Off mirror that I did a few years back, along with my DIY coat hanger paper wreath and hung it above the love seat. I absolutely LOVE my new living room. Let's take a look, shall we:

BELOW: These were one of the only few before photos I had:
 BEFORE:

BELOW: Waiting on the new furniture to arrive:

BELOW: The new furniture, the rug was another week out..



BELOW: I was so excited when the huge shag rug got here, that I struggled to lay it out.  Let me tell you, this is ONE HEAVY rug. I absolutely LOVE IT! I would recommend it to anyone it's literally so gorgeous in person!

BELOW: Confession - I didn't want to pay $100 for a pad, so I used the old rug, it's seriously so comfy!




BELOW: With the DIY table I did and the DIY mirror and wreath I made





BELOW: DIY craigslist dresser I re did a few years ago is my entertainment center


So, let's do a little cost break down:

* Wall paint and supplies:  Valspar, Oatlands Subtle Taupe, Satin  $25
*  Furniture and Rug $2100 (finances for $37 a month making it super affordable)
* DIY Pottery Ban knock off mirror $30 (as opposed to $699 from Pottery Barn)
* Craigslist refurbished dresser: $35
* Book page wreath - FREE (a coat hanger and book pages)
* Side tables $100
* Coffee table $60
* Stain and clear coat $24 or less

Total Cost of Entire Room Reno:  $2374 
This look could have easily cost a ton more if you purchased the DIY items at full retail. I am absolutely in love with it, but I do plan to take better photos later.  Lately I have only had time to use my I phone. I plan to do some DIY picture frames above the sofa as well.

Enjoy your week, dear readers!




No comments:

Post a Comment