Monday, February 13, 2012

Mad Men is Coming BACK!!!

It brings me MUCH JOY and EXCITEMENT to blog about my favorite tv show EVER.

AND I DO MEAN E V E R & it's coming back on the air!

After a long hiatus, I am so pleased to read that MARCH 25th will be AMC's Season 5 Premiere of MAD MEN. Any other Mad Men fans out there? As many of my reader's know, I discovered the show by accident in July 2010 while visiting my sister in California.

I was channel surfing when I came to AMC, and was glued to what I thought was an excellent movie. As the commercial break came, I was quick to learn this was a "Mad Men" series marathon and NOT a movie. I was in season 2, but was so hooked, I didn't care that I was watching them out of order.

When I arrived back home the following week, I ordered Netflix for the first time in my life JUST to be able to rent every single episode of the last 3 seasons.  As I finished up Season 3 on Netflix, season 4 had started on AMC. I've laughed with the series, cried with the series and even felt an absolute sympathy for Don Draper when scene's from his childhood played out.

Season 4 ended on my birthday in 2010.

When the series did not return right away, I was sad and wondered if it would ever return.  I thought surely there HAD to be a return of this series. After all, it was the best series I have ever watched in the last 29 years of my life.

I continued to promote the show on my facebook and got several friends hooked on the series as well. I'd often share quotes from the show, one of my favorite being from season 1's "The Wheel".

Don Draper says of the Kodak Carousel Product:

 "Nostalgia. It’s delicate, but potent. Teddy told me that in Greek, nostalgia literally means the pain from an old wound. It’s a twinge in your heart, far more powerful than memory alone. This device isn’t a spaceship, it’s a time machine. It goes backwards, forwards. It takes us to a place where we ache to go again. It’s not called the Wheel. It’s called the Carousel. It lets us travel the way a child travels. Around and around and back home again, to a place where we know we are loved."

If that quote does not get the gears in your head turning, I don't know what will.

I will be counting down the day's until the March 25th premiere and what would make it all the more better? If I get selected to host the "Mad Men Premiere House Party" via HouseParty.com My user name on HouseParty.com is girlxmom

This would be a party for the books, my friends. Who else is ready for Mad Men? :)
                                                                                                           

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jen! Feelin' the anticipation with you :) Check out these Mad Men props: http://www.etsy.com/listing/88150066/mad-men-photo-booth-prop-collection-set

    ReplyDelete