Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Paint Progress: Pottery Barn Inspired Den Make Over


I have been a busy bee this whole week. I have started the painting process of my carport addition/den make over. It's already a HUGE improvement. Initially, I decided not to paint the wooden trim and beams, but after much consideration, I went ahead and started painting them white.




BOY, am I glad I did! It INSTANTLY opens the entire room. Let me drag you through the painting process of an ugly red room! FIRST I used zinsser primer. Only two coats covered this stuff like magic :)
Before: Yucky Red and Dark Trim
1st coat of primer
All primered up!!
My Paint Choice (a blue/gray/green) Valspar's Lyndhurst Celadon Green
Way Better Already!! :))
(The color is lighter in person than above photo)
Side/Side Shot of Before and After(ish) Trim and Beam Painting
Dark Wooden Beam and Trim Before
First Coat of White Paint on Trim and Wooden Beams.

As you can see from the before and after shots, it is already looking a million times better. I am still debating on painting the brick wall, but so far my gut says GO! :) The paint stained carpet is going next and being traded in for Wide plank wood floors (or I will just attempt to stain the plywood sub floor). I have yet to decide.  This is so tiring to do around my children.

Literally, I have bags under my eyes for days and my back hurts. Did I mention I am afraid of heights? Yeah, it's only a wimpy 3 steps I climb up the ladder, but it's still a lot for me when I look down.

OH, GEEZ :))

More later...

No comments:

Post a Comment