Sunday, January 1, 2012

..Enter 2012

This past year wasn't the worst of years, nor was it the best.

But in many ways, instead of thinking on the negative side of things (which I typically tend to do, despite being positive in person)..I'd like to thank God for all of his blessings in 2011.

I am thankful for all of our health, my children's smiling faces DAILY, having a roof over our heads, food in our bellies,and the basic things needed to provide for our two children.

I am perfectly content with my small house, or the fact I don't have money to splurge.

I am just thankful the Lord has given us the tools to support our children.  In 2011 I started to coupon in a big way (I was always a cheap coupon clipper but never really hit up sales and bulk shopped).

I noticed almost right away how much money we were saving by couponing and I am thankful to stores like CVS who offer rewards programs, so that families like ours, that live paycheck to paycheck can shop sales and roll the extra bucks.

I know it sounds like a weird thing to be thankful for, but I AM.

Because we have couponed for our needed items, we are able to comfortably pay bills, and buy down Doug's credit debt.

I am also thankful to have not lost anyone this past year. (As death of a loved one is my top fear).

I am also very blessed that the Lord has kept me healthy (as far as I know) because I don't have health insurance and haven't been to a doctor in a while.

My hopes are that 2012 brings continued HEALTH, HAPPINESS AND FINANCIAL STABILITY to all our family and friends (and us).

I pray that people find a little more compassion in others and offer time or donations to those in need when the time arises if they are able to help. So many families are struggling this year and one should always think "what if that were my loved ones or myself".

Let's all make 2012 about compassion and love for our fellow neighbors.

I don't have a New Years Resolution (or a typical one anyway). But I do intend to continue to give time to my daughter's school when I can, the kids in my neighborhood when they need someone to talk to and try to better myself in helping others. There is no greater joy than the joy of bringing joy to some one else.

God bless you all and may you prosper in 2012. ((hugs))

No comments:

Post a Comment