Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day all Mother's of the World :)

Happy Mother's Day to all you lovely woman! Both first time mothers, long time mothers, adoptive mothers, step mothers, and woman who treat other's children like your own. God bless you all :) !!

Where would the world be with out the great mother's of this world? I wish I had a photo book handy but I'd like to take the time to thank my own mother:

My mom is a lot like me, she's very reserved, semi anti social, but very polite and expressive when need be. My mom was a selfless mother. She often went with out just so we could have things. We weren't a rich family, we lived on a single income military household. My mom stayed at home and raised us. She always made sure we were read to every night, she took time to play with us even on days she probably didn't want to. She proudly displayed our ugly art work, let us have free roam outside to discover and enjoy a childhood with out much restriction. We could get dirty to our hearts content with out getting fussed at. Mom didn't get mad when we brought in random bugs or critters we found outside. She didn't hollar at us when we dragged the whole playroom into the living room before she woke up. She loved us. She was very shy and kept to herself, but she would be quick to turn on the you know what switch if someone messed with her babies. Mom is a full blooded German, who didn't speak a lick of english when she met my military father. She came to the United States upon marrying him and learned a whole new language on her own. She is possibly one of the smartest women I have ever met. I am not just saying this, she has so much common sense it's insane. (Too bad it didnt always rub off on me) hehe. I remember a time when my dad was in Korea and we stayed here. We were very broke, we went to grocery store and my mom got minimal groceries and picked me up an issue of a magazine I loved to read, "Teen". I was 14 at the time I believe. Anyway, when the register was done ringing up my mom was short on money and started to put food back. Rather than put my magazine back she put other things back. She told me it was important to read and she would do with out some other things.

I remember it made me sad to see her semi humiliated but also happy to know she cared so much about me. I remember my mom not having many friends and always saving her money. I remember during prom she would pull money out of her stash and buy each of us a dress.

There are so many reasons I love my mom, but the most important thing to me is that she was always there. She truly did devote her entire young adulthood to being a mom, she didnt go out and party or run the roads, she was a mom who was die hard and was going to be there for you no matter what. I can't say this has remained true throughout my adulthood, but I can say she does the best she can. I love her to pieces and I am blessed to have had her as my mother. Happy Mothers Day, Mom!!

My own mother's day has been wonderful, MiMi brought me home some "goodies" from school. This was particularly my favorite (mostly because she says I am 11 years younger than I really am) hehe:

Then she made me this gorgeous flower pen:

and an adorable pop up card:


I am blessed, and I hope I can be half as amazing a mother as my own was to me!!

No comments:

Post a Comment