Sunday, December 18, 2011

Long day + bargains

Today has been very long, so I'll keep this short & sweet.

First I went to Kohl's to spend my $10 kohl's cash I had earned last week. Being that it expired today, I decided to stop putting it off and go spend it before I lost it.

I found this barbie set that will be great for the handmade barbie house we are building for MiMi. Regularly $26 (and it's this price pretty much everywhere) on sale for $17.99 and a pair of shorts normally $26 marked down to $2.50 (great for summer for Mimi).

Total pre coupons was $20.49 - $10 Kohl's Cash and -15% off printable my total WITH taxes included was just $9.21 a savings of $44 off the sticker prices. GREAT :D

We later ventured to the mall to visit Santa, but Santa was on lunch break, so we took the kids to build a bear. Figured they could each build one for a Christmas activity. When we got there, the sales associate informed us that they had a deal, pick ANY pet, and ANY out fit for $24.99. AWESOME! MiMi picked out hello kitty & an fair isle sweater dress with hello kitty slippers & Ethan picked out a daschund with a snowflake sweater and jeans.

*Ignore my shoddy cell phone pics*

After Build a Bear, we went back and waited in line an hour to see Santa. MiMi had red eye, Ethan had high waters, and didn't smile, (the scan makes the colors bad) but the important thing is NOT the photo or how bad it might look, but the kids got to see Mr. Santa himself :)) and that was worth every penny! :)


By the way, I LOVE the use of REAL type Santa's with REAL beards. Way better than the ones we seen in the 80's who were skinny with a pillow in their suite and you could see their black 'staches peaking out of the tie on Santa beard lol :) Ya'll know what I am talking about haha!!

We went to CVS to get gift cards (since they are always so good to us with coupons, we figured we'd spend some real deal money there on gift cards). While there, we saw the zhu zhu pets were on sale for just $1 each, so picked one up for Ethan as a stocking stuffer.

That pretty much sums up my day and I am beyond exhausted and just want to crash out on the couch. Good night, dear readers :)

No comments:

Post a Comment